Chia seeds are one incredible food. To lose weight by including chia in your diet, we recommend taking 25 grams of chia a day.
Chia seeds are harvested from the Salvia hispanica plant, a type of sage in the mint family. The seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids and have versatile uses in the kitchen. Chia seeds were a staple of the ancient Aztec diet, and they are now grown commercially in Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, Guatemala, and Mexico. Australia is the biggest producer of chia seeds, which is now marketed under various names. Even the oil extracted from chia seeds are found to have a high nutritional value. Both, seeds and oils are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antoxidants and amino acids.
Here Are 10 Reasons To Add Chia Seeds To Your Diet:
- A Great source of omega 3 – full of healthy fats that encourage brain health.
- Full of calcium – to strengthen teeth and bones.
- Treat diabetes – potentially able to control diabetes symptoms as the seeds are able to slow down digestion. The gelatinous coating also helps to prevent sugar spikes.
- Packed with protein – one 2g serving has 4.4g of protein – nearly 1- per cent of the daily value, without containing any cholesterol.
- Fights belly fat – Chia seeds are packed with high quality protein, making them a good source of protein, especilly for vegetarians. This helps reduce your appetite, fill you up faster and reduce your food cravings. They also help you lose weight by preventing all the food you eat from getting absorbed by your body and controlling your blood sugar and insulin resistance.
- Fill up on fibre – containing a third of your daily fibre intake, Adding chia to your diet is an excellent way to ensure you’re getting your daily fix, which will in turn promote a healthy digestive system.
- Packed with antioxidants – to protect the body from damaging free radicals, ageing and cancer.
- Fulfilling – not only will the seeds expand when they reach your stomach and stop you from snacking on naughty afternoon treats, chia also contains trytophan – an amino acid that helps to regulate appetite, sleep and improve your mood.
- Happy heart – chia seeds have been found to improve blood pressure in diabetics, and can also help to lower cholesterol.
- Gluten-free grub – this super seed is completely gluten and grain-free, so if you’re a coeliac you can devour totally guilt-free.
Why is Chia Good for Weight Loss?
- Chia seeds have the amazing ability to accelerate metabolism and thus burn fat located in the waist and stomach. There is also its great amount of calcium, which helps you digest fats consumed during the day. Chia especially helps you get a flat stomach.
- Thanks to its Omega 3 content, chia is a great ally in fighting cellulitis and preventing premature aging. Chia is also anti-inflammatory.
- It helps you control your appetite. If you consume it regularly, it will act as a quencher, filling your stomach and preventing you from eating more than you should.
- Chia is also an excellent intestinal regulator. It has a high amount of fiber, which regulates a lazy intestine. But it is essential to drink 2 liters of water a day.
How to Lose Weight by Including Chia Seeds in Your Diet:
- To lose weight by including chia in your diet, we recommend taking 25 grams of chia a day.
- You should be consistent and eat it for at least a month in order to lose weight day to day. Before your two main meals, have a glass of water or juice. Since you should only take 25 grams a day, put half of the Chia seeds in each glass, in other words, 12.5 grams.
- Due to the soluble fiber that chia seeds have and their ability to absorb liquids, you will see the disappear in the glass of water little by little and it will turn into a thicker liquid. Let sit for 30 minutes. The reaction that chia seeds will cause is due to the soluble fiber gel.
- Chia seeds can be consumed with vegetable milks, yogurts, fruits, sauces, soups, creams, vegetables, etc. You can even buy it in powdered form and make desserts with it to get its benefits.